Sunday, March 29, 2015

Flexibility



I want to open my post with a big thank you for your flexibility in working outside of our original plans last week.  I had initially planned for my guest speaker to work only with my Computer Apps classes, but I changed my mind mid week when I saw the value in the presentation Sgt. Hensgens put together.

This week's post is going to be short and sweet.  This is not because we won't be doing much of anything.  Rather, our duties are pretty easily laid out and we know what we need to do.  It requires a lot of thought and preparation, both in and out of class.  I know you've been working hard on your business plans, so this week will be when you reap the benefits of your diligence.

On Monday we will have one final class to prepare everything for presentations.  You will submit your written business plan in my Drop_Box Faculty folder that I prepare for you, titled "2015 Student Business Plans" by the end of the day.  I have an away baseball game on Monday, so there will be no time after 2:25 for you to finalize your plans.

Tuesday through Thursday we will complete about nine business plan presentations.  Remember, the order of our presentations will not be disclosed so that each of you is prepared on the due date.  When you present, please make sure you are aware of your audience - potential investors (not your classmates).  Make sure you know your business and how it solves a need in the market.  Finally, make sure you can address the questions you know your investors will ask.  This preparation will help you look informed and remain calm when it's showtime.

All business plans will be critiqued in Google Forms.  I have emailed each of you the form "Business Plan Critique Form" and shared it in the VE Google Drive.  Please make sure to fill out one form for each presentation beginning Tuesday.  This will count as much as your own personal presentation, so make sure you take care of this when viewing each presentation.

Have a great rest of your weekend.  I'll see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment