Sunday, September 18, 2016

Details, Details, Details, and a Fast-Approaching Deadline



This week, we will continue to work on the business plan, focusing on refining the initial draft we created.  I read through everything you shared with me on my Google Drive and gave you some general feedback this afternoon.  Throughout the week, I will meet with each of you to help guide you in crafting your finished product.  On Monday, I’ll meet with each group to give you slightly more detail about what to work on (resources, previous plans, and some other helpful tips).  From there, I will sit with you individually to give you some specific direction and feedback, focusing on the details I feel will make your plan the strongest it can be.

My overall impression of your submission, as is the usual case when a new group begins a new plan, is that it is very broad/general/vague.  I want each of you to think like an investor or a bank when you read through your writing.  Ask yourself, “If I was an investor who had to read through a dozen plans, would this stand out?  Have I painted the right picture for the reader to make him open up his wallet and invest?”  Once we look into some finer details and make our writing more descriptive, it will jump off the page. 

Monday Through Friday:
To start the week, we’ll go over some housekeeping items regarding Tuesday’s after-school concessions.  We have some inventory to replenish and some great ideas about increasing sales, so we’ll have to iron out all the wrinkles in the first 15 minutes of class.  After this, we need to get the ball rolling on revising our plan.


Once we address after-school concessions, our singular focus is on finalizing the most comprehensive, descriptive plan we can put together.  My input when we sit down individually will provide you with the direction.  Your creativity will make the final draft the best it can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment