Monday, April 24, 2017

Business As Usual


OK everyone, I did not like the hiatus from blogging our weekly assignments.  Maybe I'm just a creature of habit, or maybe I just feel more organized when I publish our assignments; either way, I did not like verbally ordering you guys around to do your work these past few weeks.  With that said, I've returned to publish your assignments online and guide as needed during class.  I believe we all feel a little more comfortable with this process.  The only difference moving forward is that I will allow you more autonomy on how to accomplish the tasks, as I will be more vague with my list of things to do:

  1. Finance, Sales, and IT need to update our products - there's no way we can sell inventory that we've had for the past 10 weeks.  Food spoils, and we addressed this in our business plan.  Please make the appropriate adjustments.
  2. Sales - bring in some revenue.  You have 4 or 5 different avenues for bringing in business, so use what you believe to be most effective.  Feel free to collaborate with IT to enhance or focus on certain items/packages on our site
  3. HR/Admin - Make me a comprehensive 7 to 10 page newsletter.  You know what goes in the newsletter, so no further guidance is necessary other than the suggestion to focus on an article and course standard that enhances productivity during a time in which most people have their minds elsewhere.  There are numerous articles online that can help you with this.  Just make sure to cite your sources appropriately.
I know you're going to do an excellent job this week.  Even with your EOC tests being the primary focus of your attention, I feel that immersing yourselves in your VE tasks will help keep your minds sharp and allow you time away from the stress of this week.  See you all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment